The Northern England Raptor Forum [NERF] was established in 2006 with the overall objective of providing one effective voice to represent the conservation interests of raptors, including owls and Raven, in the uplands of northern England.
In order to achieve our objectives the Forum acts, where appropiate , as the parent body co-ordinating surveying and monitoring work across all of the member Groups. In addition NERF develops centralised policies and methods that will further enhance the high standards of the research currently being undertaken by the Raptor Workers in the North of England.
Currently the membership of NERF consists of the following individual Raptor Groups
- Bowland Raptor Study Group
- Calderdale Raptor Study Group
- Durham Upland Bird Study Group
- Manchester Raptor Group
- Northumbrian Ringing Group
- North York Moors Upland Bird (Merlin) Study Group
- Peak District Raptor Monitoring Group
- South Peak Raptor Study Group
- South Ryedale and East Yorkshire Raptor Study Group
- Yorkshire Dales Upland Bird Study Group
You can contact the North England Raptor Group at http://www.raptorforum.co.uk/